Monday, 14 May 2012

Tackle a litter lout...


Litter in this country is a national disgrace...

Do we have no pride in our surroundings? Do we not care whether we transform our towns into rubbish tips? Do we not care about the state of our communities?

Clearly not!

So what's the answer? Well, it seems from listening to the BBC this morning that there is a campaign out there to get members of the general public to tackle people whenever they see them dropping litter. "Just tell them to pick it up" they advocate.

Well, maybe it's just me that thinks this is a bad idea. Sure, the principle is sound, but the last time I tried it I got a mouth full of abuse, two fingers and a threat to kick my fucking head in. Frankly, in the 21st century that's pretty much the response I expected.

I was reading in my local paper the other day that we have a problem in one of our villages. Seems that people have been pissing into plastic bottles and then chucking them out of car windows.

One of the local pillars of the community went out on a litter picking trip along the main road that skirts her village and was horrified to find 90 litres of human urine in bottles along the roadside. Her local council commented "The littering of bottles of urine is a national problem" which I frankly take to mean that the locals propose to do bugger all about it.

Their futile response is to tell the public to "take a note of registration numbers of any vehicles that they spot chucking litter out of their car windows so that action can be taken". Well, given that it's your word against theirs and that my neighbours would gladly report me even if I wasn't there at the time just because they hate my guts, this approach doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I despair of peole. People are shit. Behaviour like this just goes to prove my point...

5 comments:

  1. "90 litres of human urine in bottles along the roadside..."

    Keeps the busybody busy eh, maybe they can reach 100 litre mark one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They collected all the bottles and measured them? That's just taking the piss.

    I agree, it's dangerous to try to confront one of the ferals and very dangerous if there is a herd of them.

    That's why the council Stasi concentrate on cigarette ash dropped by grannies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granted that people in this part of the world do have some strange passtimes, lads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I want to say awesome blog! I had a quick question that
    I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find
    out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to
    writing. I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out.

    I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the
    first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost just trying to
    figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Kudos!


    My web blog :: handgun targets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't really answer that one, Anon. It just sort of happens.

    I have a friend who writes music and he says he can go for weeks with nothing popping out of his head then, like buses, three come along at once.

    I just wait for something to wind me up and then write it out of my system without thinking about it. Whatever pops in to my head ends up on the page.

    A good night's sleep helps...

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comments are not moderated or censored in any way - so feel free to speak your mind! Remember it cuts both ways...

*** Sorry about the captcha shite. I dislike it intensely but the fucking Chinese spammers give me gyp if it's removed ***