Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Working for nothing...


I really love leap years! There's something about February 29th that has always fills my heart with joy...

Perhaps it could be that traditionally this is a day when women propose marriage to men? Is there something about this that just gives me a feelgood factor?

No. It's something else entirely...

When I was working, I was self employed and charged my clients either by the day or the hour. It was this that made me feel good.

I'd walk in to an office full of 'permies' who were getting paid annual salaries and take great delight in telling them that I was getting paid today and they weren't.

Think about it. If you get paid by the year, then this year you are getting the same pay for 366 days work that you get for 365.

Bet you wish you'd pulled a sickie now, don't you?

1 comment:

Please note that comments are not moderated or censored in any way - so feel free to speak your mind! Remember it cuts both ways...

*** Sorry about the captcha shite. I dislike it intensely but the fucking Chinese spammers give me gyp if it's removed ***