Apparently I missed all the excitement and this bastard is now apparently without a country to run, so I thought that I'd like to lend a hand with some handy suggestions as to what Gaddafi could be doing now he has some free time on his hands :
- Cameron is looking to take a tough line on rioters and looters, so Gaddafi would be perfect as the new head of the Met. Who has more experience of putting down rioters than Gaddafi? Might be a tough call though as I understand Assad is also being considered.
- How about Leader of the Opposition? After all he's used to attacking the British government and the rumours are that Miliband is on the way out.
- There is currently a vacancy for a Community Advisor in the Pitcairn Islands. After running Libya, looking after a population of 53 should be a doddle for Gaddafi and they never did find Fletcher Christian...
- Suffolk County Council are recruiting a new chief executive. The pay's not quite as good as for the last incumbent, but his management style should fit right in.
- Al Queda apparently have a vacancy for a new second in command although this would be a step down in seniority and I gather the accommodation is a bit more basic than Gaddafi is used to.
- Perhaps Gaddafi could be helpful at the National Institute for Clinical Excellence - after all his considerable medical expertise seems to have worked well for Al Megrahi...